The Site is based in the United Kingdom and we take reasonable care to comply with the requirements of the GDPR (the “Act”) relating to the personal information you supply on the Site.
For the purpose of the Act, the data processor is Trade Direct Sussex Ltd.
If you have any questions about the policy, please get in touch with us using the following email address and we will do our best to answer your questions [email protected]
- INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
Trade Direct Sussex Ltd, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registration number 04053548, whose registered office is at Units 12-14, Mackley Industrial Estate, Small Dole, Henfield. West Sussex BN5 9XR (“Muscle Car UK” or “we”) takes the privacy of your information very seriously.
Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Site. This includes information about you which you provide when registering to use the Site and information that you provide if you choose to make a payment on the Site. We will collect payment details in order to process your payment and may also ask you for information when you enter a competition, promotion or the like and when you report a problem with the Site.
We may ask you to provide us with the following personal information:
- your title, first name, surname, a user name, your gender and your date of birth;
- your email address, postal address and telephone number;
- legal guardian’s full name and relationship to child user (if applicable); and/or
- your company, position, age, daytime telephone number, address, town/city, postcode and country. You may also provide us with personal information if you contact us with a query.
Details of your visits to the Site, the resources you access and any data viewed, uploaded or downloaded; the number of times you view a particular production and geo-location or section of the Site; and/or any comments you provide as a customer or user of the Site, including communications you send to us, for example, to report a problem or to submit queries or enter any competitions or promotions.
We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to any such requests.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We will keep details of transactions you carry out through the Site, fulfilment of your orders, details of your visits to the Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
If you do not provide information which we reasonably request, then you may not be able to access the full range of features on the Site.
- HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use the Personal Data we hold about you in the following ways:
In order to:
- administer any accounts with us;
- process materials submitted by you;
- send you information about similar products and services;
- verify your identity;
- carry out marketing analysis and make general improvements to the Site;
- obtain your views or comments on the services we provide;
- contact the winners of any competitions and help us plan other promotional activities;
- send you information which we think you might find useful;
- ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes; or
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts or agreements entered into between you and us;
We may use your personal information to ask for your feedback or to ask you to participate in surveys;
We may contact you by electronic means (e-mail or text message (SMS or MMS)) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous transaction with you; and
We (or selected third parties) may contact you by post or telephone with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you, but only if you have indicated that you wish to receive such communications by opting in at the point of registration. Selected third parties may also do so by email, but only if you have consented to receive such communications.
If you do not want us to contact you by electronic means in respect of our the Site notifications you may opt out at any time. You can exercise this right at any time by either unsubscribing via the link on any email we send you or by email: [email protected]
- WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
If you use our services while you are outside of the EEA, your Personal Data may be transferred outside of the EEA in order to provide you with those services.
The Site uses a security system that protects any personal information that is stored on our servers from unauthorised use. However, as no data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, we cannot take responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our reasonable control.
- DISCLOSURE OR SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may disclose your Personal Data to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
Certain services available on the Site are made available in conjunction with our business service providers (including those listed on the Sites). These third-party service providers include Amazon secure servers, Hubspot CRM, MailChimp email services, Google enterprise services.
In the event that we sell some or all of our business and/or assets to any third party or as part of any business restructuring or reorganisation (in such circumstances we will take steps to ensure that your privacy continues to be protected) or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
If Muscle Car or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
If we reasonably believe that we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data as required by law (for example, if required to do so by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime) or in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply other agreements we may have with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Muscle Car, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- IP ADDRESSES AND INFORMATION AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED FROM YOUR COMPUTER
Log files / IP addresses: when you visit the Site our web server automatically records your IP address. This IP address is not linked to any of your personal information. We use IP addresses to help us administer the Site and to collect demographic information for aggregation purposes. This data is removed after 14 days in line with our Data Retention Policies.
We may also gather other information (from which we cannot identify you) such as the type of your internet browser which we use to provide you with more efficient service.
Like most websites, when you visit the Site we may store some information (commonly known as a “cookie”) on your computer, mobile phone, tablet or other devices. Cookies are small text files of information which use a unique identification tag and are stored on your device as a result of using the Sites or other services we provide to you.
- help you get the best out of the Site;
- help us to provide you with a more customised service;
- enable the Site to function more efficiently; and
- allow us to recognise you as a user when you return to the Site using the same device and web browser, and allow us to provide you with a more personalised service based on your use of the Site.
- A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your session and expire when you close your internet browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the Site and will last for longer. We use a mixture of “Persistent” and “Session” cookies on the Site as follows:
- Session cookies are files which allow the Site to link your actions during a single browser session. They are not stored long-term on your device; and
- Persistent cookies are cookies which remain on your device between sessions and allow the Sites to remember details about you.
- The cookies we store make use of the information entered during the Site’s registration process and are used to identify you when you do things like update your accounts details (the name, address and so on).
COOKIE TYPE & PURPOSE
Essential Operational/Session Management Cookies
These cookies are necessary to allow us to operate the Site. Without the use of these cookies, parts of the Site would not function correctly. These cookies, for example, let us recognise whether you are a subscriber and what type of subscriber you are and then provide you with the services which you are entitled to. Further examples of essential cookies include cookies which keep you logged on during your visit and retain details of your online shopping basket or purchases. These cookies also allow you to move easily from one page to another within the Site and your page requests are loaded in a smooth and secure manner without you having to re-enter your details.
Analytical Performance Cookies
These cookies are used by us and/or our business partners to analyse how the Site is used, including for example how users navigate through the Site. The cookies also let us monitor how the Site is performing. These cookies do not let us identify users (the information collected is anonymous) and we combine the information which they provide us. We use this information to maintain, operate and continually improve the Site.
These cookies are used to show you relevant advertising both on and off the Site. We may also use a cookie to learn whether members who saw an ad on the Site later visited the advertiser’s site. Similarly, our partners may use a cookie to determine whether we’ve shown an ad and how it performed, or provide us with information about how you interact with them. We may also work with a partner to show you an ad on or off the Site, such as after you’ve visited a partner’s site or application. Cookies and ad technology such as web beacons, pixels, and anonymous ad network tags help us more effectively serve ads to you, as well as to collect aggregated auditing, research, and reporting for advertisers. Note: Because your web browser may request advertisements and web beacons directly from ad network servers, these networks can view, edit, or set their own cookies, just as if you had requested a web page from their site.
These cookies let us operate certain functions of the Site in line with the choices you make. These cookies mean that when you come back to the Site we can provide you with our services as you have asked for them to be provided, such as knowing your user name, remembering how you have customised our services, reminding you of your preferred collaborators or content on the Site, remembering if you have filled in a survey or seen a particular performance before.
- YOUR INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here
– the right to be informed;
– the right of access;
– the right to rectification;
– the right to erasure;
– the right to restrict processing;
– the right to data portability;
– the right to object; and
– the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO [www.ico.org.uk] if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data. We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
- LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partners, advertisers and associates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for the protection of any data supplied to other sites.
- GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access the Site. You should use your own virus protection software.